Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Dates

I think it is time for me to develop my love life.

I can ascertain some things though. Some things are just not meant to be forced, if there is no chemistry from someone I met online, chat online, or happen to accidentally bump online. If it is not meant to be, it is not meant to be. At least I know that I have made a valiant effort to try to connect with people if all things fail to evolve.

To answer my question of what I want in a date, is for someone to be herself. The whole package of a personality that has the potential to progress to a persevering partnership. By reflecting their true personality, at least we are truthful to ourselves and if no chemistry bubbles, then leave it, don't force an equation that will end up in disaster.
Is that asking too much for someone to be themselves?

If you're really an ugly person inside, the bitchy type, the clingy type, the virgin type, then let it show. I have my own personal preference of course but then again, I view situation from an overall perspective and accept a person for who she is, as it turns out, I might like your aggressive bitchy tendencies. Who knows ?

I just do have one slight preference though. It might sound demanding but at least I know what I want from someone.

I wish that she would be able to conduct intellectual chat with me.
Yup, not those conversations that discusses the GDP of Singapore or alternate life in the solar systems but conversations that make sense. Like the movie, Mona Lisa Smile, an inspirational movie with the theme of feminism. We could chatter on light stuff like their acting and the cinematography or have a deeper scope like feminism in Singapore, stuff like that. That would be an ideal scenario that I use as an example of course. Chemistry is more important of course.

Am I picky? Maybe. But it is my life after all, and I need to know and choose who I want to spent of my next 50 years with. So do you too! If you can't click with my personality or cannot see eye to eye, then I wish you best wishes on finding your life partner. After all, your life is the only thing that you are in control of life.

- Benjamin

No comments: