Saturday, December 20, 2003

Brainwash

Went for my medical check-up today.

I never really had the passion to enter national slavery. After today, that mindset has changed.
I didn't had a choice between the red pill or the blue pill but while I was awaiting for a grown man to pull my shorts down to see if my penis was in working order, I awaited while watching a video detailing the whole procedure of Basic military training.

Simply put, I was impressed. In reality, I was motivated. Some part of that motivation is to protect my homeland, another part of it is that it looks so impressive. Yes, i'm THAT easily dissuaded. I was brainwashed to tell you the truth and the fact is, I like the truth.

Now, I can only hope that people with lazy eyes can get selected to be combat fit. Every part of my limbs and fibre are raring to go. I have heard that recruits with lazy eyes end up behind desks. I can only hope, pray, and see that my lazy eye isn't that much of a slacker when it comes down to the gauntlet.

On another side note, I went to watch the final installment of the trilogy, Lord of the Rings. I never watch the first 2 shows and it was manical that I watched the last chapter. It is like bungee jumping but you only feel that thrill of your bounce upwards.

Anyway, the cinematography was fabulous. The plot was fantastic. Peter Jackson destroyed the integrity of the show with the ending. Not that i'm a Hobbit fanatic but somehow, the filming of the ending could have been more spiced up professionally, especially how they uesd the fading in transitions. It didn't gel well with the front part of the movie which I would have to give 11 marks out of 5 in terms of editing and camera angles.

On another side note, there is a high possibility that I might get to own a dog. It's not confirmed yet but it might be a Jack Russell. Let's pray for good tidings on less fussiness on my slacking eye, more LOTR films and a Russell that I can finally hug to sleep.

- Ben

No comments: