Monday, December 29, 2003

Evolution

It took me 4 hours to revamp this.

Yessire, the need for change is evident from the previous webby that looks too yellow. I personally like the colour orange and hence, a tangy colour but it seems nobody appreciates that vibrant colour, giving me "bright" complaints.

Hence, i opt for my secondary colour. Blue. Using my lacklustre photoshop skills, I have done up a banner featuring my toothy grin and the groovy fonts. All that said and done, i'm proud of my accomplishment although any html freak can exclaim this was a piece of cake, it took loads of trial and error before I could get it done. Back to my dronings about daily life.

I have been wanting to write about this for a long time, I just never got about writing it. That is until now. I have been scraping the surface of this issue but now, I feel it is time to get downright dirty with this issue. My lovelife. To those who don't wish to read this entry, turn onto Channel 5 and see Brothers 4 and puke at their hilarity or you can choose to puke at my whinings about love here. To those who wish to continue reading this entry, please refrain from throwing up. I need your support, not vomit.

When I was back in secondary school, I was a flirt. I could chat, yak, gabber and amuse gals with the flick of my tongue. I have the gift of the gab. Be it introverts, ah lians, the untouchables, the goody-two-shoes or the cool chicks, I always have the ability to chat up with them. Least to say, that is not happening now.

Graduating from there, I entered a new phase of my life, the polytechnic. I had a bet with my 3 close secondary school mates who all went to junior college that each one of us will end up having a girlfriend. I was the most eligible then in terms of what girls were looking for then and as it seems, chances were high when I got accepted in School of Business, renown for their beautiful babes.

WRONG ! It seems out of us 4, I was the last to get hitch. I approached 2 gals during my current 2.5 years there and I got downright rejected because the girl felt we had a "compatatbility issue". They were right somehow, chemistry is the most important thing in a relationship and I also felt similarly that we didn't share a strong one.

Technically, I have 2 more months left in my school as I will be having my 4 month attachment from March. To simply lay out the issue, I will then be serving my national service for the next 2.5 years. I foresee me leading a very lonely life ahead.

Now, you all must be thinking the issue that im churning about is on my lovelife.
WRONG AGAIN! The issue here is why can't being single be a good thing?

With me not being emotionally tied down, I was able to accomplish many stuff. Like my CCAs and projects that I excel in. That came at the expense of not having a loved one but the primary purpose of going to school is to get an education, which I did !

Being single is practically a crime when you are nearing 40. It is also a crime that if you stick yourself with couples that are lovey-dovey. You see, with their feeding-one-another, show-of-affection and little-secret-chatter, you can only sit there and gap at what is happening around you, grasping nothing from the conversation. I don't hate all my attached friends but sometimes, it is just downright degrading when they throw you options like "XXXXXX can be your girlfriend you know."

To put it simply, i will let fate create its decisions for me. Be it impulse or bubbling chemistry, I will make the approach when I see fit even though I know my rate of success isn't high. At least I know I tried. For now, I'm happy to remain single and you can sue me if I slap any couples who are trying to grope one another when I so happen not to look at their direction. Until then, I am still looking for my significant other and will hope that the winds of fate will blow in my direction.

- Benjamin

"Life is not a box of chocolates. There aren't much choices in life anyway."

No comments: