Sunday, December 12, 2004

Wishlist(s)

This could possibly be my last entry before I enter SISPEC.

Training will be siong, nights will be agonizing and rest breaks will be minimal.

But have I regretted the decision that I tick I wanna go to a commanding school.

Nope.

I believed since the initial stages of BMT, I already had set heart to be someone who will lead.

Reason being: I ain't someone who can just laze around and slack, I'm pretty hands on and won't stop working even if it is for a mundane reason.

Serving the nation for 2 complusory years is mundane enough.

Looking at some of my lazy bunkmates and their posting, I'm just sniggering at their just desserts I guess for not wanting to do "work".

At least I'll be doing something useful, exposing myself to more jungle warfare skills and interacting with wide doe-eyed new recruits when they enter the military.

That said, I'm feeling upbeat and pumped for the next phase. It ain't gonna be easy from the hearsay of rumours but I just need to grit my teeth and hold on.

The dinner meet-up with some of my army buddies yesterday was MISERABLE.

Someone who had owed me a treat didn't come, another guy was stuck at the causeway and 2 other had plans.

I'm like HELLO ! This is probably the last time you see us all together due to seperate journeys we are about to embark.

This morning was filled up with my ziploc-ing everything and tieing loose ends of the SBO with black tape. I zonked out after that because I had a runny nose and kept sleeping till now.

I didn't know sleeping was so blissful as I kept waking up and then with my tired brain coaxing me to sleep, I fell into dreamworld again.

That said, I dream that my national enlistment will be over soon and I get out to the world and earn some moolah!

I have SO MANY items I want to buy, Christmas has empowered my wallet to new heights now as I close my eyes to pay the cashier whenever I make a purchase.

I made up a Fantasy Christmas Wish List for the fun of it so here goes:

Ranked from top to bottom in no particular order:

1) A Ferrari Modena along with a driver's licence

2) An adorable Beagle puppy

3) Jeans from G-Star

4) Sony 42 inch Plasma TV

5) A new condo plonked right in the centre of Singapore aka Orchard

6) An expense-prepaid trip Around the World journey in First Class

7) A lifetime membership to all the Gyms in Singapore

8) A sailboat (wait who am I kidding, I want a Cruise liner)

9) Calvin Klein underwear & A wardrobe of suits from CK

10) A movie pass that will entitled me to watch all the movies alone in the cinema (except friends n family) till I die

Like I said, it is a FANTASY wishlist and that said the REALITY wishlist of the above would be.

1) A Ferrari Modena toy model car build to scale 1:200

2) An email with loads of cute Beagle photos

3) Jeans from Bossini

4) A Toshiba 14" Black/White TV

5) Free condominium showflat tours

6) A trip Around the World journey in our very own Singapore Science Centre

7) A SAFRA gym membership

8) A trip to East Coast Park to paddle canoes

9) Cheap pasar malam boxers and burgers from BK

10) GV Gold pass which entitles you to 10 free movies

That said, middle class aspirations will stay status quo. They will always be aspirations.

However, I do have an affordable wishlist and I shall shamelessly list it here anyway.

1) A new pair of Adidas sneakers

2) A TV for my bedroom

3) An extremly great looking frameless spectacles

4) Aviator shades !

5) A few good books to read

6) A nice pair of sandals

7) Nokia 6260

8) The entire collection of Get Fuzzy! comics

9) Freedom

10) A free get out of NS pass, No Pass Go, Get out of Confinement card

I didn't know making a list would be so much fun ! Note that I didn't put I want an iPod because I seriously don't see what is the hoo hah over a mp3 player.

Lately, music has been seriously detached from my life, but I rather have any of the things listed here than an iPod or whatever Creative has.

So I bid adieu to everyone and hope to see everyone for Christmas when I book out.

Yipeee!
Benjamin

No comments: