Thursday, December 09, 2004

My Army Pals

Let me rehash abit of my BMT days before I forget them.

I have two very close army pals of mine which I enjoyed my army days with.

Cork is Me, Dork is Alexis and Mork is Ivana. (Names were change to protect the innocent once again :P)



Together. We are the LemonPuff Boys.

Okay that sounded very gay but hey, that phrase didn't catch on anyway in the platoon.

We got along very well because we were the studious ones in the bunk, always there to self-volunteer or the active peeps doing the area cleaning.

Let me start with Dork. He got this nick because of his goofy hairstyle that truly looked like a Dork pre-NS days.

From the looks of things, he is a sentimental guy where you can see him hug his handphone to sleep with his gf on the line.

We discuss loads of things together and the most unforgettable memory is when we kena weekend guard duty for lazy people who decided not to turn up and we had to be their innocent replacements.

Down the guard duty path, we chat from dawn till dusk till dawn about our primary school days, the gals we use to date, our formative years after NS, just to kill time to protect our lovely island of Tekong.

He's truly a buddy to me but the only damn thing is I wish for is to get him a NEW HANDPHONE. He always seems uncontactable half the time and my M1 line is wasted calling directly to 6 seconds of his voice mail 90% of the time.

SO IRRITATING ! But other than that, he has no flaws for the last 3 months that I've seen him.

Then, we come to Mr Mork. OR Mr Potato. OR Mr Tall and Useless. He's the Mr Nice Guy around because you never see him whine or complain or just about laze around.

I think it's my fortune to meet someone like him because you can see he's the guy that friends can count on (or so I presume so).

BTW, he's the one who found out about my blog and he's the one who fucked me unneccessarily because I TOOK HIS BLOODY TREE. I will NEVER EVER FORGET that incident.

The ironic fact about me and Ivana is that we were born on the same day, have the same signature, our front left tooth looks like we have genes of a rabbit and somehow have similar thoughts like those telepathic twins.

Only thing though, he still has a child in him as he goes a lil wanky over 'Mr Big Bear' and 'Lego Bionicle' stuff. BTW, I pity him because he has a girlfriend who spends money like the river.

I, on the other hand, is a jaded fool who is cynical about world peace and questions when are the aliens ever gonna invade us.

The three of us, three total strangers who were physically weak then, but now, I guess all of us have reached a certain standard of fitness. It would be amazing this Friday once the posting order gets out and we end up in the same place.

Maybe there, we can popularize the phrase of 'LemonPuff Boys', one more time.

Cheerio,
Benjamin

No comments: