Friday, December 10, 2004

In a state of freedom & comfort

I got 3 topics of discussion before I go take my snooze but before I jump into that, I just have to say this.

I LOVE FREEDOM. THE FREEDOM TO ROAM, SLEEP AND EAT ANYTHING YOU WANT WITHOUT BEING STUCK TO A ROUTINE.

That said, national service looms right ahead as my block leave is veering off the corner and back to me wearing the green suit. Sigh ...

First off, I'm back from the theatre after watching National Treasure.

Once again, I applaud the compelling storyline and the personalities that engrossed me. Definetly worth the $7.50.

Makes me want to be a historian or a symbologist like Robert Langdon from 'The Da Vinci Code'.

I want to own part of that wonderful TREASURE : ) It would be a nice dream to swim in a sea of gold coins.

Second off: Call me crazy but I have now shamelessly advertised myself on a dating website.

I might reek of desperatness in finding relationships but lemme scrutinize the situation matter.

Me = Army = No contact with gals = Next Best Logical Answer = Advertize myself shamelessly

Frankly speaking, I was really just plain bored the whole day and was reading emails when I stumble to the newsletter of the notorious dating website which has been emailing EVERY week.

Guess their persistence paid off and I, as bored as can be, decided to write a long profile of what I look for in gals, my preferences and such...

Okay, you can call me the ultimate loser as such but hey, I made a bold step up the staircase of TRYING to expand my social circle.

On my third point, whilst on my way to the cinema on the bus ride, an incident happened.

Some 16 yr old kid was staring at me. For god know what reason. He just purchased something from Crumpler and there he was trying to look good with his goofy cap and iPod earpiece for all to see.

There I was just in a cap to cover my growing crown and my favourite quiksilver blue jacket and jeans outfit.

It came to my utter realization that I used to be like this kid.

Into gizmos and trying to look good. The phrase would be 'dressed to impress'.

I know in life, we go through different phases. It is my pleasure to acknowldege in this blog that I no longer am the dress to impress others adolescent anymore.

I'm at the 'Dressed for subtlety and character' phase. That means dress my own style like in more comfort i.e. tee n jeans.

No more swanky jewellery, big blast out lout branded t-shirts and caps. Just plain ol' me. I guess it's the state of where you know where you belong. You can't care less of the world's existence.

>>> As of 2 am <<<

Just had a pretty dumb convo, will talk more about it tmr.

More photos of my army days as a recruit !

Gonna know my posting tommorrow. A lil scared, nervous and excited mixed into one knot of Benji's stomach.

Optimistic & hopeful for a less torturous vocation,
Benjamin

No comments: