Saturday, December 11, 2004

Stupendous

I got my posting and I'm heading to SISPEC !

Yes me is going to be trained to be a Sargeant. Training will be shiong so for the 6 months or so, I apologize for the dissappearance from the blogging world.

Rumours foretold to me that people there book out REAL late and have to book in REAL early, there will not be sufficient rest for the trainees and basically, be prepared for training in hell. Chiong SUA in jungles EVERYDAY.

I guess I have to take it a step at a time. I'm really looking forward to torture.

That said. My morning was filled with me doing dirty work.

Cleaning my army SBO, boots and helmet. After the posting news broke out, it seem I automatically became a robot and just synchronize my actions to pack my stuff in preparation for the coming day to SISPEC.

With a message left on my blog from my ex-colleage, Michy, I dashed out of the door for lunch.

She's like my bitchy partner at work. Although we have different roles, I enjoy having lunch with her because conversation topics would stray from absurdness to bizzaro.

We like to pick on one another's fault and then talk office politics. She's like the best friend that I don't talk very often due to different lifestyles.

Anyway, I went back to my old advertising agency to meet up with Michy and bump into my bosses and other colleagues.

General comment: Ben is a skinny skeleton that has just come out from the oven.

Sigh.

Anyway, Michy and me then had a very long lunch as we talk about the happenings of what happened at the Agency while I was away and the unhappening things in our lives.

Photos of when I was in the Agency : (when I had hair...)


My colleagues then. The lunch bunch gang.


Yes, I know what you buggers have to say. Michy and me look like an endearing couple.

But behind hidden that still frame of photo, our sharp claws were itching to dig one another eyeballs out. Haha! We should meet up more often, Michelle. = )

So after lunch. I headed to the depths of the shopping jungle.

That's right. I fell right into the trap of the marketers.

I went X'mas shopping.

Met up with Irene and Vernon, started from Zara (Borders) all the way to Heeren, I manage to get my family something.

Except for my mom and I want to bring her go Shoe Shopping at Charles & Keith.

My expenditure totalled up to $200. That's like 70% of my month's salary.

But I think it's worth it lah since X'mas happens once a year and also, I made purchases for the long term.

Got meself two polos & a pair of jeans, kinda the official civillian uniform for future sergants to be.

Meet up with Eugene & Max for dinner and we talk about our own army days. Irene went home first because she couldn't stand the testorone talk (kidding... she was tired).

I didn't know Army talk could last for such a long period of time but we kept chatting about our posting, BMTC days and whatever funny memories we all had.

Went to Selegie Rd Tow Huay to continue Man's talk and the Buddy Bashing session began. I won the unanimous award of having the worst buddy ever.

Barely making it home by 12 midnight, I'm shagged with all that shopping and talking.

But it has been unbelivable. And it has been a stupendous day.

Meeting up old pals, shopping and bitching has certainly made it a stupdendous 24 hrs for moi.

Nothing can ever add up to today unless you could have included a mahjong session. But hey, I can't complain, I'm already perked up for all the good things that happen today.

With two more full days left to the elevator straight to hell, I guess I have to treasure whatever I have left (Freedom is the operative idea here).

Oh, talked to long lost project mate Felicia went I came online. So nice to hear from her again. Gonna meet up k Miss Feli.

It really has been a fabulous day for me.

Free, Carefree & Happy as Big Bird from Sesame Street,
Benjamin

No comments: