Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry X'mas

(((Note: Long pent-up entry for the last fortnight or so)))

I should have blogged last week but I was swept on the tornado of weekend madness of expending whatever freedom I had.

Last weekend was filled with catching with friends and I have photos !



Me looking like a faggot celebrity besides Wendy



There ain't no sun to use my shades



Pink is "in"



The 3 MJ-teers



DMC groupies ! Till Film do us cut !


As I recall from last week, I had an amazing time with the conversations over my codfish pasta. Lame jokes ruled the table.

We then proceeded to a nearby lounge to carry out our silver plate of conversations over large pints of smooth German beer.

I couldn't finish mine, it was like freakin' 2 litres although I had a plenty fine share of lychee martinis from the gals.

Heck the alcohol content, martini rocks. I still can't fathom the idea on why guys like the bitter stuff that goes inside beer.

Seriously. Bitter doesn't go well down the throat. PERIOD.

With my half-dazed mood, the lot of us transferred over to my house for a rather half-sober game of light-hearted mahjong.

Fast forward to today, on what is probably the most celebrated event of the entire world.

Merry X'mas everyone and Bless your wallets

My bank account is freakingly shrinking due to presents and I'm almost down to the state of beggar-hood for every December at the rate of "generosity".

Coupled with the fact that I have mutated into a movie buff has scared me shitless.

"The World has no Thieves" , "Ocean's 12" & "Kung Fu Hustle"

Meeting the Fockers are next on my list and I'm not suprised if I'm watching it tommorrow.

And to think that about 1 years plus ago, I was strongly advocating not wasting 8 bucks on a 2 hour show of just sitting there while getting fat on popcorn.

Oh phooey. How times have evolved. I still love popcorn nontheless.

Sue me. Oh make me fat, butter popcorn.


Movies are part of my sanity now, to distance myself from the regimental life which influences my weekdays. Weekends are now for the theatres. And no qualms about spending $8.50 although I don't mind my friends treating me to some (BIG HINT).

That aside, I guess I'm having a bittersweet time in army. Training is tough but I guess I aspire to endure BSLC, overcome ASLC and end up in BMTC as an instructor.

If things really DO go my way, I can only hope for the above route.

Oh before I forget, 1 fantastic present I got from my best friend is the last 2 books of the Dan Brown collection.

"Angels & Demons" is simply marvellous and just plain good literature for the soul.

Christmas Day is derived to celebate the birth of Jesus Christ but the real month which JC was born was in March. December 25th is actually the day to worship the Sun God of the natural progression of seasons from autumn to summer.

Weird huh?

The things that we put our faith in. Hmmmm.....

I say: "Always a believer, never a follower"

In addition, my brain nucleus have been slowly reflecting on what I want to do.

Reading Dan Brown books have caught my interest in religious studies although I will ALWAYS remain non-devouted to any faith.

As said, I will only align myself to a faith if I strongly feel drawn to the strength of its followings.

But back to what I want to do in my life, some self-reflection has evolved.

I ain't somebody who will work miniscule jobs. I wanna climb up high.

I ain't somebody who will fulfill my existence by climbing mountains and doing extreme sports. I enjoy my sanctity of a well-preserved skeletal frame when I die.

I ain't somebody who will be satisfied with a job with no challenges. I wanna do something I'm interested in and puts me on the "ball".

Whether I be in advertising, law, banking or even stockbroking, that enigma remains unclear for now.

It is currently in a constant flux of debate bouncing off the hollows of my skull.

Sigh. At a point of making life decisions and I can't even decide which gravel path I shall set myself to.

I'm such a doofus.

Life is not boring. It is what I will make out of it.

- Benjamin

P.S. A X'mas present isn't something you give to somebody with the intentions of borrowing it when the receiver of the gift is done with it. Tsk tsk JM.

No comments: