Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Perfect Sunday

Okay, i'm just retracing the steps of a perfect Sunday I had last weekend.

This was before clubbing.

So on a bright and cheery morning, I accompanied my mom to temple to get a "fu".

A "fu" is a paper like triangular pendant to bless you during your stay in army to ward off bad luck or evil spirits.

Being an atheist, I was an obliging good boy to my momma and respect her wishes to pray to her gods.

After that, I went around Bugis to get my mini toiletries and other miscellaneous stuff (I had an army shopping list to fulfill) after which I went to Jurong to see my grandpa.

He wasn't in though then I went to cut & tidy my hair before heading home to prepare for Centro.

Okay to me this was a perfect day was 1 reason. That reason kept me grinning the entire trip.

You see, I was impeccably dressed. Groomed to the appropriate occassion.

My t-shirt was a white t-shirt with green ringers from Zara. My jeans were my 3-year old Levis engineered jeans, pretty worn and torn. My shoes were of the globe brand (skateboarding shoes) which were like heavy sneakers. And my pouch was a mini one from Quiksilver.

The entire outfit was a total fit.

The thing was I left in a huff because I was playing online card game before I sped off to temple.

My only accessories was a pen which I grabbed in a rush which was a JAL token pen from my US trip.

And the amusing matter was that the pen was a shade of green which matched the entire outfit.

I can't help grinning from time to time as I tagged along behind my momma.

My ENTIRE OUTFIT was the BEST LAST MINUTE IMPROMPTU attire.

I can't help praising myself okay .... I know some guys really bo chap their dressing but I'm very self conscious of my appearance and from the Zara tee and the Globe shoes that matched, I can't help it.

"Slaps myself with a big bottle of medicated oil"

Self-praise is well-deserved when I have not spend time with much of my friends anyway since they are all so busy digging a hole to entrenched themselves during NDP or still being mystified to the amazing brainwashing powers of our NDP fireworks.

Anyway, the only next living entity besides my xbox and my plush toys that can give approving praises is my mom who thinks that dye-motif sarongs and bandanas are still the "in" the thing, hence, I resort to shameless self-appraisal.

I'm just trying to humour myself before I go in Tekong hor. And yes I know.

Cheap thrill.

But that was a perfect sunday. Can't stand it lol.

A beautiful sunday,
Benjamin

P.S. I've develop a routine like an AI robot, I always blog everytime I jog my rounds ! And contrary to what my best friend says, I jog on a half-full stomach and I didn't get any "stitches".

No comments: