Monday, August 09, 2004

Idol or Hero?

The clock is ticking.

1 more week before I head off to suffer. Mentally and physically challenging, a lot of my friends seem to have hopes for me go far.

As in not chao keng and go become an officer.

Skarly cannot make it.

I'm just going in there with an open mind, make new friends, learn new skills and do my best.

Slight digression here.

I apologize for my disorganized thoughts yesterday. I was a bit "high" and I want to thank EVA for everything. Muacks lao po.

Side joke. Don't think it's a scandal or I'll slap you with a beer bottle.

Okay back to army.

The thing about army is that you develop maturity there, you get to hear ghost stories and you do all the manly stuff.

Like how Tiger Beer Ladies come to pour beer for you or you order your privates (no pun intended) to wax themselves with Kiwi (the stuff you go polish ur leather shoes).

As scary or enlightening the stories are being told, I guess I will have to lead my own army life.

Not that I'm not patriotic but I chose to nap when the NDP is on.

But I didn't miss the other great entertaining show.

Singapore Idol !!!

I guess you would have either watch it or read about other blogger's comments on how some Singaporeans are deluded or talented.

I just felt the female judge, Florence Lian overdid the singaporean slang and I love how the last judge frowns or make a disapproving face. Ken Lim from Hype records.

And I rolled my eyes on how some people gunning for their 15 seconds of fame.

"I want a contract from MediaCorp!!!"

Please lor, you can't even dicate your words properly much less sing. What makes you think MediaCorp will hire you?

As weatherman/lady issit?

But I applaud you for your courage to make a fool of yourself on National TV.

Sad thing is, I'll miss Singapore Idol because of enlistment.

= (

Guess I'll have to sing in the shower with other 39 naked men and get the scrutinizing attention & comments from my 2nd Lieutenant.

So not Singapore Idol material but Singapore Hero material,
Benjamin

P.S. Just another slight diggression, I feel that going clubbing once or twice a month to let your hair down is quite theraputic. If you work in a stressful environment, my advice is to go often. Don't go overboard as you may get sianz easily.

No comments: