Friday, August 06, 2004

Let the entertainment begin

It's the me, myself and I campaign it seems.

Nobody to tag or talk for the past few days, my self-resort ways of keeping myself from dying of boredom is rather going very well thank you very much.

I think the motivation of going to army is very much there and I'm overworking my limpless body with a noon swim and a late evening run.

I just wanna get fit so I won't have to suffer.

Just to declare, I'm in the PTP batch which is the Physical Training progamme unfit aka obese aka skinny aka lazy peeps.

I failed 2 segments of my NAPFA so I didn't exactly got a silver.

Okay now that's out, you all can throw tomatoes at the weakling. Me.

"Shuns the tomatoes like Neo"

Okay now with the tomatoe bashing of the obese and unfit Ben is done, let me proceed on with the events of my day.

So in between the run and swim torture, I went to teach tuition and shopping.

As broke as I am like Becky Bloomwood (Read Sophie Kinsella's shopaholic series), I still venture out to the jungles of the retail amazon.

Yesterday, upon seeing the Tangs Sale on the newspaper, without further a due, I huff off with my NETS card to Expo to those big halls.

Horrors of horrors. It turned out I was a blind bat and the sale was at Suntec.

I never felt so dumb in my life.

There was a Giant (supermarket) sale but I avoided that. Me fighting with hordes of ah sohs isn't a pretty sight for discounted 50cents off Nutella.

It's all in the details baby. And it seems I didn't read the fine print of the ad.

Okay fine, the print was as big as font size 24. Read above where I told ya I was a stupid bat.

So today, after my swim (with a nice tan to boot = P), I went to Suntec and I just wanted to go see look only at the sale.

After all, I never heard C K Tang having a sale before. Never.

Robinsons, Metro or John Little, I can understand but C K Tang? This I had to see.

When I breeze past the entrance, I was astounded by the sight.

2 frigging big halls of 403 and 404 were filled with happy people grabbing and tugging $9 cookware and $15 bed linen.

The mens section was pathethic though with like a few racks and some clothing bins.

Then, I saw discounted prices of 70% and the shirts were so-so branded.

I couldn't resist and I dug like a mole through the different designs that were at the molehill in the sandpit of the clothing bin.

I guilt-ily got 3 t-shirts.

Talk about being broke and on a budget.

And honestly, I think that is and was, my second last shopping trip.

My last shopping trip is to NTUC or Shop n Save to get muesli bars or choco bars for camp.

Since I already got ALMOST all I need (or want) for the next 2 years or so, I guess I can finally start scrimping and saving.

Yes, I'm going to save.

And in order to kick away those shopping blues, I'm just going to keep fit and just exercise.

I'm trying to channel my energy from carrying shopping bags to carrying my gut around my neighbourhood while huffing and puffing.

Fair trade?

Trim and tanned ex-sale-a-holic,
Benjamin

P.S. I'm going running & swimming everyday till my army start, if any of my frens (that is if I have any) wanna tag along, that would be wonderful. You know my number = )

No comments: