Sunday, August 15, 2004

Goodbye

These last few days has been a whirlwind for me.

The reality of getting stuck in a regimental routine has slowly started to sunk in as I got into a really dowdy mood.

Before you think I have pre-suicidal symptoms for enlistment, think again.

Who wouldn't be hazy and be in a world of their own when they are being confined on an island for next few months or so?

I just hope I don't get tekan alot for unneccessary reasons and I just want to survive.

Period.

Just to let all my blog readers know. I'm really not THAT physically fit.

Yes I do jog and swim but that was like for only the last 3 weeks.

I had slight asthma and I failed my NAPFA. My upper body strength is next to nil and my shoulders are meant for 2 things.

A girlfriend's head and to prop a digital video camera.

Not meant to carry 10 kg of sand running around in circles like the speeches of parliment.

All that said and done, as punishing or harsh the training may be, I'm going to take it in stride.

I'm just going to do a countdown on my ORD date = )

So that's why I'm doing my bid farewell rounds with all my close friends, relatives and neighbours.

These are the following things I'll miss in no particular order.

- Mahjong sessions
- My hair which I groom painstakingly everytime I wanna go out and look nice
- Junk food as and when I like it
- Late morning wake-ups
- Blogging and the Internet world
- Shopping
- Online shopping
- Window shopping
- Online window shopping
- Nice hot baths
- Reality TV shows that are so good
- Taiwanese variety programmes that are so crappy
- My xbox and wonderful assortment of games
- Wardrobe of clothes that I have that I can choose to pick & wear instead of just No.4s
- Jogging, swimming and going to the gym
- My mp3 collection and iTunes
- Friends and gossip kakis
- MSN, ICQ and YM
- My family's nagging and playful talks

I guess that's a long list. Hope I don't miss out anyone.

I feel like an Oscar winner lol.

Bon voyage,
Benjamin

P.S. Since I'll be celebrating my b-day in camp, this is my birthday wish list. You can browse at what I like and maybe be nice and send a parcel to my camp or give it to me when I come out. That is if I ever do come out.

Alive.

Birthday wishlist :

Spiderman 2 OST ($18)
The OC OST ($18)
Lint remover roller ($5?)
Arsenal New Home Jersey 2004-2006 ($85)
Brown/Orange/White/Black Hawaiianas Slippers ($20)
Biotherm Homme Abdosculpt ($67)
A lifetime Gym membership (wahahaha)
A free monopoly "Get out of Army, Don't pass GOH chok tong, Don't collect Singapore Shares" card

No comments: