Friday, February 11, 2005

Post Mortem: CNY

Chinese New Year ain't what it used to be anymore.

When I was young (Read: Before 20), I used to cavort the distribution of red packets.

Now, it feels like a lil pang of guilt now that you are earning a decent pay pocket.

Now that I'm saying the military is paying me enuff, it is NEVER enuff.

2.5 years of psychological torture at the peak of my lifetime (Read: Youth) isn't what I would like but since I'm born Singaporean .... oh well .....

Chinese New Year is somewhat different to me somehow.

Read: I never engorge myself with new year cookies

Until this year. That is.

I have offically finish 3 tubs of cookies and counting.

I love those with peanuts on them and make sure it is buttery and sugary.

I'm 58kg. I'm underweight for a lanky frame.

Sue me.

I'm really putting on the pounds. So that I have more to cut before I turn to sticks and bones.

And I'm procrastinating on what I have to do for my assignments due for OCS.

I have to finsh 1 of them tonight at the very least.

I have stave all the cookie tubs away (at least my mom did) and have ban myself from the computer after I've blog.

I've downloaded so much Desperate Housewives, Alias, Amazing Race and American Idol that I've procrastinated too much on doing my assignments.

What can I say?

Peanuty cookies go well with a laidback arse on a fluffy cushion and wonderful entertainment.

Oh before I forget, I got alot of photos stored inside my camera from random events.

I'm gonna post them before I book in on Sunday. I hope.

And to end off, I've been thinking about this a long time.

A well-deserved holiday when I ORD.

ORD: Offically Ready to Depart from Hellhole

Since you really cannot go overseas for a long period of time when you're in the army, when I ORD I wanna go explore somewhere.

So I have a fund which I'm already starting to accumulate.

Note: I already have another bank account for this sole purpose.

Now that I have CNY hongbao $$$ with nowhere to spend (except for a pair of frameless glasses; not that I need it NOW anyway), I can start saving everytime I get an allowance from you-know-where.

So 2006, tentatively, get out of this country and go backpack.

Sound idea for a spirited soul.

Benjamin

P.S. New seasons of Amazing Race and Survivor is showing soon. I am so going to love TV so much this year. Go to my newly updated reality links if yall r interested.

No comments: