Sunday, February 13, 2005

Burst of energy

The fantasy had to end somehow.

The 6 day reprieve has been more than rejuvenating for me.

In about a few hours, I'd have to check-in to Motel Madness and least to say, I wish I had more time out.

In these 6 days, I've been sleeping, munching and slouching.

Simply sinful.

Oh, I've also gotten word about my future.

Yes, life after army, as my uncle was discussing with me what were my future plans, he gave a rough layout on expenses and what I should look out for.

Plans are not concrete now but he gave me a yellow brick road that I can look far ahead and imagine what lies beyond.

In addition to that, I said earlier about a well-deserved trip overseas, it will be with a dear friend of mine to backpack in a rather costly country.

Plans are not so concrete as of yet but the promise we made to one another, for me it's as good as gold.

With such fluid plans in my head, it would make my life so much interesting to pass when I'm in the army.

I can think of the 'what ifs' and the 'how much' while falling in and waiting there like a dumb mule at attention position.

For those in the army would know the phrase 'Wait to rush, rush to wait' very well.

These 6 days injected life into me and for that, I thank the calendar gods.

I don't look forward to the day I commission anymore. I look further.

ORD. 2006.

If only I can push forward time.

Benjamin

No comments: