Saturday, January 22, 2005

Shopping is my stress relief

Boo Ya!

I'm out of my fortnight imprisonment and into the daylight.

I kena guard duty on Hari Raya Haji for a minor dismeanour and coming out today can only be described as:

SHIOKKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With that off my chest, many things have occured to me for the past odd 14 days or so.

A sneaky rat entered my cupboard and munch on some of my rations.

I was a little freaked out (read: Hertzberg theory on hygiene factors) that I couldn't gather my thoughts straight even though it was lights off and loads off stuff needs to be organized before field camp.

And then there was the chiong sua where camo was on and it was time to roughen my testicles.

Slight encounters with the supernatural (which was eventually my mind playing tricks on silly ol' me) and the wild (2 wild boars penetrated the perimeters of my section's camp site).

And then, there were some odd disscussions with somebody where I'm perceived to be something I'm not. Not going into details about that as of now.

Then some confidence obstacle course which the company underwent to boost our courage (yeah right) but most of us end up in rope burn misery and bruised balls and blue blacks.

Followed by the un-highly anticipated 'happy hour' BBQ nite which turned out to be a lull sham as um, nothing happened at all. Except for the long queues clambering for lamb chops.

Followed by the spa-retreat cum guard duty where I was able to relieve myself with a schedule of 4 hrs sleep & 2 hrs zombie walk.

I thought a lot and thought a lot more about anything and everything. Like what lies ahead after BSLC, army and university and what was my CNY shopping list. Futuristic bimbo stuff in short.

All in all, that was a summarized version of the turn of events that chalked my 2 weeks.

The next 12 hours out from that dreadful island, I became an advocator to the joys of shopping.

The wonders of passing on your bling bling to some random person over the counter to get something you desire is rather HEART-STOPPING.

But it is a little HEART-WRENCHING as the notes in your wallet wilt down to a few crisp purple notes.

In half a day, I've achieved my heart's desire of getting what I want (NOTE: NOT WHAT I NEED) for Chinese New Year stuff.

I'm suffering from backache now from all that fast paced shoving and walking down the streets.

Frankly speaking, I would have purchased more if I had the finances to.

- Quiksilver red/white/black boardshorts
- Flesh Imp denim jacket
- Topman green/brown striped polo tee
- Rip Curl slippers
- Rip Curl leather wallet
- Guess light blue tee (on visual display)
- Levi's Type 1 jeans
- Loads of Antropology/ Social science books

Okay, I may sound like a spendthrift but these are the things I so wanted to grab off the shelves but I practiced self-restraint. = )

I need to save up some moolah for my university days.

Argh, the trial and tribulations of shopping for what one needs and what one really wants.

I have to attest that shopping have relieved the built-up stress that antagonized me in the last two weeks. Whoopie !

- Benjamin

No comments: