Sunday, January 23, 2005

Mind the bookworm

Let me first declare that I'm a shopping whore.

Someone bitch-slap me. SERIOUSLY.

Within like few hours, I've like spent another 100 bucks and considering that is 25% of what I earned in a month, I'm like so pathetic.

I purchased a wireless IR headset, a novel at Kino and 'Kung Fu Hustle' vcd.

And a buffet meal at Siam Kitchen. I REALLY REALLY need to cut off my fingers.

Shopaholic woes aside, I met up with Ivan, Kumar, Poh & Alex (& his gf joined us).

The best thing that Army gave to me was this best bunch of buddies.

We had lunch and chatted about our rueful existence in the armed forces.

I still think they are the best brudders that I can ever find. The BMT days are still the BEST.


Your friendly Hooters Bouncer trainees


Annual General Dorks Meeting


Lemon Puff Boys back together (Ivan still reluctant to smile)


Me n the Officer who will soar in a few years


My twin - Same birthdate, tooth n signature


A matter of you figuring out who signed what



Had a jolly good time in all catching up. See ya guys in a few months time.

Can't wait to hear updates. It's rather interesting to see how all of us space out into different vocations, each with a story waiting to unfold.

On interesting news about me (or not so interesting after you're gonna read what I wrote) is that I'm declaring myself a .....

BOOKWORMBOOKWORMBOOKWORM

I really dunno what has gotten into me but after digesting all the Dan Brown books, my mind is wandering off to satisfy its crave.

Somehow, my mind is subconsciously wanting me to read about anthropology, consumerism and psychology.

Off I went buying books & novels and come to think about it, it ain't that awful since I'm feeding my mind with information about the human mind.

I'm seriously considering applying membership to one of the various bookstores, Kinokuniya or Times. Borders is a no no.

I can imagine how much I'll safe in due time if I can pay 10-15% less for every purchase considering the amount of books I 'consume'.

I can basically read 1 Dan Brown novel in less than a day. I'm fast. =)

And to answer some of lifes' question of my future career, it has wound down to a multiple-choice question.

A. Business - Advertising
B. Banking & Finance
C. Law
D. Social science - anthropology, consumerism, pyschology

My Answer: ( ? )

It occured to me that I can fill up my university application in the upcoming few months and if time allows, I will then slowly evaluate all my pros and cons.

Too much distractions for now as Army engulfes moi.

Reading & shopping soothes my nerves.

I already can visualize leading a bachelor's life filled with thought-provoking books, a good laptop to do e-shopping (for clothes) and a fridge stored with chocolates.

Ah, the power of the mind.

Your yuppie-pyscho-analytical-shopaholic-crazed-guru,
Benjamin

P.S. MSN messenger shut down on me suddenly at about 11 pm +, I apologize to those who were adruptly shocked at how I ended all convos. It wasn't me. It was Bill Gates who pushed the button.

No comments: