Friday, October 31, 2003

Oink!

What did i do today ?

Hmmm, I handed in my resume for my internship to my lecturer. Imagine travelling for an hour to hand in 2 sheets of paper and then another hour back. What a waste of time .... Okay my blog is getting boring. It will be more boring to tell you the people that I encounter on the train, how I drag my feet up the bus .... yadda yadda. But, i'm sure there are more interesting things to do like go see the Merlion spit out Newater or go to the Speaker's Corner to enjoy silence. But still, you're here ! That's because you do not need to whip out your EZLink card to pay for this service. Okay, i'm officially declaring myself lame.

Going back to the more lamer stuff that I did today. Which is that I did nothing today. Yup, sleep like a pig, eat like a hog and laze like a boar. I score zilch on the productivity scale as of 5.46 pm from now as of today. Therefore, in the next one hour, this pig/hog/boar will metamorphasize into a human being. I will start doing layout work on a brochure in Pagemaker. I will also start downloading season 3 of Alias which somehow, Kazaa likes to refuse my downloads from other people. Must be the pig brandmark on my forehead that makes people stay away.

So i shall talk about something interesting today. The moral of today's post is PIGS.

Are you a pig ? Yup. Don't take that long to think about the answer. Everyone is a pig. Even the ministers that run the government down to the char kway teow hawker at Bedok. You see, everyone likes to laze around. It is human nature. Of course, there are some individuals who are always on their toes but i'm talking about a large majority here. If you are reading my post now, you would also be considered a pig. The reason is that a pig would be doing something useful instead of reading a lousy blog like mine. There is a pig on the inside of everyone. Confess, or face the chopper because one day, your potential life partner or future employer will grill you with questions like "How many off days do you want a year?" or "How many babies do you want?". At the end of the table, you'll be thinking, I would like 364 days a year or if you are a male (the more the better because I won't need to carry a fat balloon for 9 months) or if you a female (the lesser the better because I don't need loads of pigs coming out of my vagina).

Have you lost the train of thought yet? If you reread the above scenario, what I am driving at is, most humans like to avoid work as best as possible if there is little credit to gain from it. Typical pigs are people who want to gain something quick without putting more effort into it. One fine example is the Saturday and Sunday queues that you see in neighbourhoods. Lining up just by shading numbers on fine paper and plonking life savings to gain momental wealth are the typical pigs who just want to get rich quick.

Maybe, i said maybe, they could use their money to invest on other stuff, that would make returns instead of gambling that would as much hurt their pockets of fats as pigs. I'm a typical pig myself, we want to have the most gain with little effort. Sigh, this theory applies to every single aspect of your life. Love life, Academic, Health, Work life etc ..... you get my drift.

Think about it. Is it time to stop being a pig and start living life afresh with little expectations on where you place your effort and let whatever fate decide what should be on your chopping board?

Today's moral is rather complicated to understand but just need to use more brain cells to reflects. Hope you make an effort to use some of your brain cells instead of being a pig.

- Benjamin

No comments: