Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Frustration

It's 1 pm.

I'm in school. My meeting with the first lecturer ended early and now, i'm awaiting for the next meeting with my editor at 3 pm. I was hoping that I can carry forward it early but apparently, my editor is an uncivilised barbarian who refuses to return my messages or my call. So here, i'm awaiting for his response and will bore you with details of anything and everything.

Lets start with the chalet. IF MY EDITOR IS WILLING TO MEET ME EARLIER, I could go down and help with the setting up of the bbq pit. IF HE EVER READS THIS, look at your mobile phone on the table. Yes that small equipment you carry around in your pocket with the flashing LC screen that vibrates in your pocket and does not serve to stimulate you sexually ??? Hello !!! Pick up my call. Grrr, I hate waiting but then again it is not his fault since I arranged for a late meeting. Should I just hit myself on the head with my handphone ? I'm sure you sitting here reading this is more than willing to volunteer such a noble task.

I digress. Back to the Chalet. The people that are going are my mahjong khakis so i shall explicitly bore you with details on their personality, their mahjong skills and what I foresee in them.

First up, Eric. He is an easy-going buddy of mine, played mahjong with him last Saturday and he was a relatively lousy player until he faced the big guns. He learned the usual way, paying his school fees to the experts and now, he is slowly gaining momentum and having a mahjong style of his own that in my own opinion, would be less profitable if he played with the real people. Oh by the way, he likes to own people money but he is morally responsible to the debtor so try to win alot of money from him so he will be indebted to you for life. hahaha.

Second up, Ivan. Bloody bugger. Only one that can match my skill on par. He has some quirks here and there when playing. I always play guard against him and that is why he holds anoymity over me for being over protective of letting him win. My theory in mahjong is I rather not let anyone win by not letting myself win if the opponent so happens to have big cards. I think i'm a good player and what sets me and Ivan apart is the luck itself on that day.

Third up, Aaron the ass. Slacker who does nothing and when accused of doing nothing, he will admit he did everything. He is sitting right next to me now as I type this blog so I shall blabber or the bad stuff about him now. Girls, please avoid him as he is hazardrous to your emotional cells as on the outlook, he might be caring but instead, he always bully girls by annoying them with his wicked laughter. He is also scared of rejection. He told me the reason why he doesn't add friends to friendster is because of fear of rejection. To quote his exact words mere minutes ago as of 28 Oct 2003. 13:25 , " I will cry if my friends reject me." And no i did not put that out of context. Those were his exact words. Crybaby. Period.

Lastly, Clara. Ivan's girlfriend and a blonde head to boot. She is so blur that even if the cows have ALL come home, she would still be atop the barn roof with her binoculars still waiting even though all the cows are under her ass in the barn nesting warmly from the thunderstorm. Ivan must have be patient with Clara for the past few years, looking at this scenario of she taking a long time to understand a joke. When i meant a long time, i really mean a LOOOOOOOONG time.
It is like telling a fable and the moral of the story is so blatant but to her, she will walk home, sleep over it and then wake up and then get it. Yes, it is that long and if some of the morals or concepts are too complicated for her understanding, she will call the person up and clarify the whole moral/concept for her so that she can have a better grasp. Nevertheless, she is still my friend, and as you can see, unlike Eric, she paid more school fees and she is still stuck in kindergarden level but she showed some bright sparks of Einstein now and then but then again, i suspect it is the horseshoe that she keeps in her bag.

Now what future to i foretell to my four faithful friends. For Eric, he should be a movie producer, who is as confused as the movie as he produced but he will be successful in something, just that we and him don't know what yet. As for Ivan, he would make a good musician or a bloody good CEO of a fish farm or a bookie den. Aaron, would make a very good sales marketing executive of SDU. Lastly , Clara remains best at home. As chauvanist as i sound, she is more of a princess tai-tai than a career women.

To conclude, I just hope that all my friends don't beat me up as i'm exerting my lousy sense of humour here. Otherwise, my circle of friends would shrink to a lone spotlight of me alone.

The editor still hasn't called and i'm still waiting. Sigh.

Moral of today's post. Beautiful people like ugly people.

This is a theory i propose. Opposites attract. Period. Like flies to women, the concept of attractiveness has always be vague in minds of researchers. A person may be beautiful to some but to others, she might look like a horse. It seems that it is all objective. Right ? Well, my theory rationalizes the fact that beautiful people think they are so attractive that they have to do some justice to the world and marry ugly people to make their lives justifiable to the society. As so, this theory is proven by my pal Aaron. He was surfing on Friendster and he as usual, very K-P-O , is surfing the gals website and then he points out to me like 7 times, that the gals he found pretty or cute. Then , he went to the photos session of the gals and they were all attached with boyfriends. Yup, U-G-L-Y boyfriends. To relate the moral of today's post, the theory is if you are ugly, don't fret because someone will justify your prescene and make it all worthwhile.

See, being ugly is not a crime. It is a virute. Ugly = virtue.
Bite me, if you don't agree,

- Benjamin

No comments: