Saturday, September 24, 2005

Wielding the Sword

My week was filled with Commissioning parade rehearsals.

Drills are a torture especially to the feet but I'll survive.

Just 'henta taki' is enough to make me sweat profusely.

My sergeant-major likes to call me 'Lao Fu Zi' becoz my specs keep drooping down like the said character.

Can't blame mah, I sweat alot and naturally, my glasses will naturally bounced with all that marching.

Will be wearing contacts that day, at least I can look good.

Hehe.


Marching in vest and No.1 pants



I'm way back in the last row, almost unspottable :P



Marching in files - everyone looking mighty fine



Full dress rehearsals - A preview of what to come

Day in day out, march until super sianz.

1 more week to go. Can't wait.

Yesterday, there was the Army Certificate Presentation Ceremony.


Me in my No.2 - looking puffed up

Since couldn't take photos during the ceremony, I honoured the wishes of my School sergeant-major and didn't take any.

Post-mortem was however different.

We had a formal dining in and had to eat prim and proper.

After which we headed to the mess for some concoction of the OCS spirit which made up of many funny liquids (i.e. tonic water, peppermint, apple juice...) which taste ghastly.

Photos for your perusal:


Nice shot of the swords at our respective seats



The gleaming sword



10 months for this ???



My scroll - with my future rank - i know - OMG !



On the cab ride home with the sword !



I'm a certified officer as of 2nd OCT!



Souvenier glass from the OCS spirit



Me wielding the sword



Me n Terence, puffed up in No.2



Me n Melvin



Me n Wen Yao



Me, Alvin, Chin Puang n Ling Wei



With Chey Sing, my new room buddy



Terence and Me



Me and Kah Siang (Mr SOM wor~~)



Standing proud with our swords



Well all the formalities and ceremonies are done.


Anticipating October 1st.


I already got my posting.

I'm gonna be an Instructor. ***Gasp***

Come what may,
Ben

No comments: