Saturday, September 17, 2005

Recap: Thailand

It's been a torturous 3 weeks for me thus far.

Thailand back to back followed by my move back to OCS @ SAFTI.

Ex. Battleking was siong but 1 day of parade rehearsals are like HELL.

My foot is filled with blisters and rotting skin. I think it's a tradition to have foot rot.

Don't worry, no pictures like that to vomit out what you just snacked upon.

Instead, bevy in the glory of photos of my journey in Thailand !!!!


Flight to mysterious Thailand !!! - Me n Louis


What I wake up to every morning


BnRO teammates - prepping up the mood for Ex. BK


First Set - 'C' BRO signaller


I felt I was quite 'zhai', even though I had little background in field artillery as I specialize in the liaison package, after a few excursions outfield to recce the ground, I felt I could take over the role as a BRO.

However, I HATED the vehicle I travelled in coz the freakin' road is super bumpy and my ever so bony buttocks has been smashed into pieces from ALL the bumpy rides.

Please note that all rides were like 2 hours long to and fro.

Imagine 1970s SBS bus with absolutely nothing to grip onto.

It's the only time I thank SAF for making the helmet compulsory or I would have suffered from concussion.

Another fantastic scenery shot by moi:


For the uninitiated, THAT is a 1.5 tonner with a HELL driver


'C' BRO group with our Instructor 2LT Huang


Wonderful evening shot - feels so dreamy


My second set was to be a FO, calling for arty rounds.

Did 1 fire mission only and was about to do Adjust FFE Linear Target but they cancelled it due to safety issues.

Grrrr.....

OP (Observation Post) photos:


Me acting like an instructor :P


Set 2 - FOs


Me and Terence


Infiltration exercise - Camo On


Had an enjoyable time up there.

Was determined to choose my route as a FO. See how the posting goes lar.

We then had an exercise intermission at some makeshift camp.


Men in green


Third set: Gun Crew

Woo Hoo! Time for some action ! Being at the gun site is SUPER SHIOK.

Why?

Bamboo rice and Soya Bean. Super up la. Cheap and damn good.

I will never forget these hawkers. They are damn convenient and perk you up whenever you hear their incoming vehicles.


I was damn scared it'll explode on me anytime


Being the layer!


Fired 2 rounds in total, the back blast was damn deafening sia.

Lifetime opportunity siaz~~

After the exercise ended, we had an end of frame dinner and 2 days of e-tour.


Syndicate 3 once again - Best shot ever.


John, Me, Zen, Desmond & Derek - End of Frame dinner


One of the many stray cute dogs at our camp


The very cheap yet nothing to buy floating market


Smiling at how fast we are gonna sink very soon

We also went to some safari and met face to face with loads of creatures. Lions, bears, giraffes, zebras and camels !!!


Ladies and Gentlemen - Meet the Llama


Me n Wen Yao outside the Croc fighting Pit


Met up with Abraham Lincoln at the Wax Museum


Scaled the Death railway


With that, it was a wrap.

The finale has ended. And back in Singapore 3 days ago ....

It was ACPC : Artillery Certificate Presentation Ceremony.


Getting my 2LT rank & my cert with Ta Hong & Alvin


44th FAOCC at its best.


The next 2 weeks are preparation for my comissioning parade.

Sianz, a lot of parade drills. Have to go get some blister plasters.

Well, hope to update next week.

Soon to be 2LT,
Benjamin

No comments: