Friday, July 29, 2005

Commissioning - Not mine

Before booking in last Sunday, went back to dear old SAFTI to see my buddies getting their swords.

I'm 3 months before I reach their status as they entered earlier then me and the return back to SAFTI has me in some sort of goose bumps.

Seeing the ushers in No.1, the feeling is just unbelivable.

It's like wedding day but not.

A feeling of suave-ness would sweep upon you when you don on the No.1 suit with the peak cap, looking fine and dandy.

Alas, it ain't my turn yet and all I can do is watch the parade.

Where by-now-2LT Zeng and Yeo are photographed on the parade square.


Left right left right left right left ....



Marching in a file .... Super sianz esp rehearsals



Comission Loh...


Especially at this part of the programme, I could feel the same exuberance of joy they felt when they throw the peak cap. 265 days of suffering.

It now gives me more urge, more energy, more to look forward to my own comissioning parade. I just can't WAIT !!!


Officers now... can't play play like kids in front of your men now hor



Feeling bar-less amongst them



I have to greet Eric .... Sir ...



High flyer Ivan with low flying arty cadet Ben


Back to the present, the last 2 weeks is Exercise FireTracker.

A Battlion planning exercise and it crack my brain into million shards before I regain my composure.

It's mind boggling I tell ya what a S2/S3 or a FSO has to do to create an Ops Order.

Today signals the end of the fortnight classroom exercise and went for TEWT yesterday to observe the ground.


Syndicate 3 (Men of TWELVE) - the highest point on our AO (Area of Ops)


Our syndicate is damn outstanding I tell ya. Everyone contributes and works like an oiled engine.

There might be a few squeaks here and there but our instructor, LTA Ong is the BEST.

The BEST. He is patient and well versed and it's a lil sad to see him go to SMU to further his studies.

Honestly speaking, he is the best senior person I have ever encountered. Sacarstic, witty, composed and smart. If there is one person in the army I wanna emulate, it's definently him.

I also took a 'Band of Brothers' photo on one of the prominent axis in our AO.

Pardon my amatuerish shots.


Not ready for war yet


It has been a positive learning environment so far as I go, the days are getting shorter as POP day nears.

60 days to be exact.

Just a lil props, I changed back to my old format as the previous format was hideous as text couldn't be seen. The main pic is pretty nice right? Hehe.

I'm doing up a birthday wishlish tmr ...

Regards,
Ben

No comments: