Saturday, November 13, 2004

Army Daze

It's a 5 day holiday for me as my burnt weekends due to field camp are given to me off in lieu so I book in on Monday !

BOO YAH !

So for the last 2 days, I've been crashing at my army pals' place playing our consoles (read xbox n PS2) and heading to town to view in the early X'mas lights.

I should also deem myself as a "movie fan" right now. I patronize cinemas like a burrowing mole eager to return home.

There are so many great shows that I'm eager to watch. The only genre I avoid is super horror shows that scare even my shit shitless.

So what if I'm a big pussy : P Becoz for days after that, my vivid imagination will work it's magic based on the horror movie plot, and restless nights follows.

Placing that fact aside, I watched 'Taxi' becoz of the Queen.

You can take a ride on me if you want


And Latifah didn't dissappoint me. As the heroine, I the audience laughed at her antics and her driving prowess.

Gwen recommended I should go watch the French versions (read 1, 2 & 3) that I'm sorely missing out on.

In a matter of hours, I'll also be eagerly catching up on "The Forgotten". I've been anticipating this for MONTHS. 2 to be exact since I caught it's trailer.

The plot intringues me. And I lust after Julianne Moore, just not in a "bring to bed" way, more like "ooh you have a brain and a luscious body" kind of way.

Put your hands where I want them to be

Okay, up to this point, you must be thinking what brainwashing food the army has been feeding to Benny.

Benny is lusting after women twice his age, possibly twice his size and has express notions twice to jump into bed with them.

Just so you know, I'm perfectly O-KAY. And I feel like an eager F4 fan now if they would appear in a press conference and sign in between my butt cheeks with a permanant ink marker.

BOO YAH !

After viewing the interesting side of the split personality pyscho Benny, the Older Woman Slayer, now comes to the boring part.

Benji, the Underpaid Recruit from the depths of the Tekong jungles.

It's only another fortnight before I get posted out. Frankly, my hopes of being a pilot are dashed because I don't think my peers and my lao das perceived me as someone with calibre enough to be an officer.

Thus, I shall officially end my journey (dream) as a pilot here on out. (BTW, just so you know, you need to be an officer to be a pilot.)

Well as depressive as I sound, I'm not dying to be a pilot. If you say the chinese phrase "cannot eat the grapes, then say it's sour", I'll smack you with a crate of wine bottles.

But I'm sure there are mundane stuff that I'll be assigned to. Coupled with the fact that my fitness is ALMOST there except for arm power. SIGH ....

But looking back at the 14 weeks which I have enjoyed (overlooking the fact of my buddy which I have come to abhor), it has truly been an amazing experience (quote sans Amazing race eliminatees).

The bonds, the humour, the poking, the encouragement, the sharing of rations, the screaming and frustration, the rushing and the tekan-ing.

(Wipe away a shed of tear)

It has truly been too quick to absorb what I went through. In a blink of an eye or the view of my last 5 entries or so, my days in BMTC will soon dissolve and days in a unit (aka Hell) will come forth.

It has truly been an army daze for moi.





Peace out,
Schizo Ben/Benji/Benny

P.S. If you can't recognize me, that's because I'm wearing my geeky army specs and lost 7.4 kg = P

No comments: