Saturday, September 18, 2004

Out n About, in Pain

I guess the idea of booking out early every Friday is getting to be a norm for me.

5 days isloated on an island with free accomodation, food and physical conditioning provided by the government provided by my parents income tax ain't that bad after all.

Just don't think of it as imprisonment. A life changing experience perhaps.

Reason: You get to see all sorts of people from different walks of life interacting.

Like I remember the first day when I got to my bunk. 11 other individuals were uneasy with one another.

But as day passes by, you get to see the side they share, be it good or bad.

There is the smoker beng biker who upholds friendship bonds, the mat yo-yo that adores his girlfriend and juggles like a bartender, the chinese horny guy who fantasizes about the next FHM gal, the inevitable geek who frequents Sim Lim and talks about cars all the time and the suck cock idiot that everyone hates.

It's a general stereotype of some of the people in my bunk. Don't take offence if anybody ever reads the above.

I guess I fall in the stereotype of cynical sacarstic bastard that demoralizes the entire bunk by screaming at them to do area cleaning or hurry up fall in or I'll throw a broom in their face.

I guess that was a pre-requisite of me being the bunk I/C.

I don't see the other section I/Cs doing the same threats though.

Anyway I digress.

I love my bunk mates save for a rare few. Which I shall comment further about their antics if they really irritate me enough on a Friday bookout.

But Friday bookouts are happy moments on a Fastcraft away from the Skull island of misery so if anybody makes me that mad, you'll be able to hear my grunts by Friday night.

Okay back to main point.

5 days week ain't that bad. But it will revert to 5.5 day work week in about a fortnight because that is when my physical training phase is over.

For those pundits who bet that I could not disrupt, go claim your winnings from a 4-D booth.

I did not pass my disruption test yesterday. "Hears cheers and claps from my PC office"

I failed 3 stations.

I hear gasps, jaws dropping to the floor and your balls choking your throat but Rec Ben is the Cannot Make it Physically Type.

Stupid reason being, I went to the gym the night before and trained on my Standing Broad Jump technique.

And practiced I did. The pals that went with me to jump had fits in their stomach from laughing at me when I jump.

This is because I grunted like a horny ape everytime I takeoff from the start line.

And Mr. Long Legs Me is very inconsistent but if I really concentrate, I can jump 230 cm wor~~
I digress again. Look what the SAF has done to poor old Ben.

So, I jump like umpteen over times until I think I mastered the techinque.

The operative word here is "think".

Hence, I headed back to bunk thinking that I could jump. Pass everything except Chin-ups.

Did I tell you that people daydream alot in an army camp?

To horrors of all horrible stupid mistakes in my life, I woke up in agony barely 2 hours before the IPPT disruption test with legs knotted like tree trunks and my lower back aching like Prickly Heat powder on your cock.

Results: My 2.4km run was 12.23 seconds. I failed by 4 seconds.
Pull up - I'm still a zero fighter.
SBJ - 212 cm. Failed by 4 cm.

Did I curse and swear? Nope.

I only have myself to blame for training strenously like a grunting hog in heat the night before.

Strangely enough 24 hours later in the comforts of my home now blogging, my thighs STILL FUCKING HURT and my back is still in AGONY.

I have refused to succumb to medicinal products like Yoko yoko, Counterpain or whatever cream, lotion and shit that you put to soothe yourself.

I believe in natural recuperation. Leave me in agony for the next 24 hours or so.

In pain,
Rec Ben

P.S. I'll be back to report the progress of my natural recovery plus the variety of swear words that comes out of my filthy mouth by tonight.

No comments: