Friday, September 03, 2004

Book out Day

After a 17 days confinement, I'm out to the civilized world.

What do I really have to say about the island of Tekong for a chao recruit like me, also known as the lowest lifeform on earth's existence, especially in Singapore?

Nothing really. To be honest.

It is just a total different world on that island.

Regimental lifestyle with no privacy and no sense of freedom. This is what you call the army.

Freedom of expression and creativity is heavily subdued. Your left brain is stagnant for the 2 years serving the national armed forces.

All you do is take instruction, suck it up and take the punishment and that's the moral of the story.

It's 2230. Should be lights off time in Tekong now. Seems like my body clock is shutting down. I'll blog more about my bunk mates and the gossip tommorrow perhaps.

Back to civilian life,
Rec Benjamin

No comments: