Friday, April 22, 2005

Life is all about Simplicity

I guess one can say I lead the life of a simple person.

Big dreams as an aspiring youth, hanging out with friends and just bumming around with any time to spare, I guess that is the lifestyle of a simple person.

I've been thinking.

There are so many things going on in this world.

For people my age, teens morphing into teen superstardom, starting up businesses on their own, excelling in their own sporting arena and contributing to society through community work.

For me, I'm merely an amoeba in existence.

Not leaving any inch of legacy behind.

Achieved nothing of significance so far. Zilch. Nada.

But I guess that's what I am.

A face in the crowd, struggling to stand out from the faceless society I exist in.

Hopeful that I'll carve my way one day.

Not that I'm counselling myself of how miserable a simple life is but I have to assume a large majority of us lead the simple life and are happy the way they are.

I'm pretty satisfied with my life now.

Closet group of friends & indulge in my own infatuations of TV & books.

I guess life does have a path for one to follow, be it set in gravel or gold.

Maybe maturity is hitting me hard in the knees.

Appreciating the simple things in life like relationships has started to dawn upon me.

Today, I met up with my bestest friend, Jun Mian.

We haven't been catching up much but as we met and ate at Phin's Cookhouse @ Bugis, we shared, listened and conversed.

It's been a long time since I had a witty acerbic conversation with anybody.

After dinner, both of us waited till my cozzie Daphne got off work.

Daph tried to 'matchmake' me with this colleague of herd, codename 'E'.

Well, me and 'E' vaguely interacted in some sorts and I find her rather pleasant i.e. potential to spark off some chemistry.

Before you get any ideas, I would like to the maintain the idea that I would like to know 'E' further before I make any assumptions or say anything in this blog that would cement any allegations.

And thus that hences my quotient in my spider-web-filled love life for quite a while now. After all, army is sucking the essence of leading a simple life with decent r/s.

Speaking of which, for those who read my blog regularly (like monthly), I'm shifting out of SAFTI and into Khatib camp to train as an Artillery officer cadet.


I won the lottery !!!

A new beginning as I look forward to completing my professional term in a new environment.

Well, it's been a laidback reflective Thursday for me.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication of my life,
Benjamin

No comments: