Sunday, April 10, 2005

Back after the Break

This blog entry is long overdue.

I haven't blog for the past fortnight as I was too exhausted after all that exertions at camp.

FYI, I got appointed as a CPC, cadet platoon commander.

It's tough being a CPC, people look to you for directions and instructions and sometimes, I'm just simply clueless.

And I have to foresee what's upcoming and assure them (and myself) by second-guessing or making assumptions for now.

Being the CPC has its perks, since you arrow people to do sai kang.

I co-ordinate and maintain composure, and I guess I'm getting into the swing of the vine, accounting for strength and disseminating information.

Besides my upgrade of 'role' momentarily, I've survived countless field camps.

I've gone outfield so much that I can estimate one gallon of my blood being donated to those pesky mosquitoes and lifesuckers.

Glad to say I've survived through all the key events w/o dropping out !

I've 1.5 more weeks to go till the end of Service Term 2 and I can't help looking forward to the end of my tenure as CPC and the fact that .....

I'm getting out of SAFTI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!

No more expensive cab rides to the western horizon of Singapore.

FYI again, I have 99% confirmation that I'm getting a new vocation.

Yes, I'm gonna be an Artillery officer cadet in training.

That means no more chiong sua i.e. fire movement or digging trenches the size of basketball courts ANYMORE.

Countdown of 2 weeks and I can't wait for a new beginning honestly.

Reason why is that I just cannot form close bonds with the people in my platoon save for a few.

The guys in my platoon have formed such tight cliques that it's hard for me fit myself into the jigsaw.

Who knows, maybe I have a flaw in my personality that makes people snort about me behind my back.

Oh well.... what can I do about it.

At least my good pals Terence & Alvin is joining the new revolution of the artillery front with me.

I'm only hoping for 2 things:

1)More weekends to myself
2)More nights to devote to intellectual pursuits i.e. reading

People would say I chao keng and choosing the easy route out.

Honestly, all I just want is the 2 above because I believe I have done my part and contributed enuff to the organization as it is.

I feel that I deserve the needed respite if it comes in the form of another format and who knows, Artillery might be even more siong.

I'm just placing a gamble by choosing to go to a support arms wing where I really have no clue how tough the training regime is.

Hope for the best and closing my eyes for the worst.

On a look at the sphere of my personal life now, I feel that I've starting to lose ground with them.

Will call them up next for a catch-up session.

Also on the reality TV front, which I'm updating myself on Bittorrent files:

Survivor Palau: I admire Steph's strong guts and determination for pulling thru all 8 elimination legs. I really want her to win !!!!

And I foresee plotting and backstabbing ahead. Drama for me to absorb, my cup of tea.

Amazing Race 7: The brothers got eliminated. Damnnit. They are such a funky duo and it is such a pity. Not that I'm anti-foggies, but it's high time Meredith & Gretchen get eliminated, I cannot foresee them in the final 3.

American Idol: If I had to choose the winner, it would def be Nadia Turner. She has style, spunk and soul. Don't think she'll win as she's placed in the bottom 3 for the last 2eps. I want Constantine & Bo to be out, and yes I'm anti-rockers.

I've yet to catch up on my Desperate Housewives, The OC and Alias, and btw, I'm booking in on Monday.

Whoopie, a well-deserved rest.

Signing out,
CPC Benji

No comments: