Monday, August 11, 2008

08.08.08 weekend

I guess the date of 08.08.08 is pretty much talked about.

The buzz of the 3 fat ladies. People getting married, the big Toto draw and the Beijing Olympics.

So what was I doing that faithful day.

Well, I was at work, having a fruitful week wrapping up my deliverables and headed off for dinner at Tetsu.

It was organize by Clara's friend, Rayner who is a food blogger.

Rayner's webbie

So this was a special blog outing for about 30+ people ?

Anyway, for the price, it was really worth it since I never spend on such cuisine. And yes, it was 40 bucks.

Hole in my pocket but a little slice of experience tucked into my pocket of life.

Took loads of photos. Was happy feasting with Anthony (my colleague), Clara, Junne, Lucia and Pearlynn.

So after the sumptuous and filling meal, headed to nearby Dempsey and settled for Oosh.

Apparently everyone was packed at Chijmes according to Anthony who headed there instead.

Left me, Junne, Clara and Pearlynn as we settled for a cozy veranda spot sipping our drinks.

Trying to chill among the poseurs. Technically we are one since we are there haha.

Manage to catch a few glimpse of the Olympics ceremony with the big screen TV at a distance, and yes the fireworks was spectacular.

Headed home at 1 am as needed to rest for gym in the morning.

So its National Day next, went for a short workout then lunch at Straits Kitchen @ Hyatt with my family.

Saw my nephew who apparently doesn't wants me to carry him = \

I think he will remember me as the uncle who always wear a trucker cap who always tease him.

Need to nurture my fatherly skills. Bah.

Went shopping with my mom n pop around Orchard. It was relatively crowd free as everyone was chugging their way to NDP.

Had an exhausting Saturday. Sunday was awoken to the tune of blading.

Went blading again with Junne, Clara and Jason.

The rain dampen the experience and we settled for HK Cafe for lunch.

We talked about our future travel plans, so fun to think and talk about vacation plans.

Went to become a nerd and played Magic cards in the late afternoon, feeling damn dorky.

All in All.

It was a good weekend. Family time. Gym. Shopping. Friends. Food. Alcohol.

Couldn't ask for more. With the exception of Mahjong of course. But that can be left for another week.

Without further delay, the pictures of the 080808 weekend:

Tetsu - Location of the sinful food haven

Photobucket

Me and my colleague, Anthony Kunihiro, having pseudo jap names, Bento and

Photobucket

Junne - The Ringo Starr

Photobucket

Clara Ichigo - Strawberry Cutie


Menu for the feast


Starters: Kajiki Tataki and Kani Tofu


Sashimi Moriawase


Photobucket

Being stuffed with Sashimi


The real bento set - scrumptious

Photobucket

Great tea ice-cream with chewy balls - Lucia's favourite



My table



Photobucket

Group of 8

Photobucket

Posing at the entrance

Photobucket

Welcome to my party !!!

Photobucket

No comments: