Tuesday, November 20, 2007

the reality of being a student

it was only yesterday that I did something out of my comfort zone once again.

it was just like any other day.

i woke up late and floated around the web before heaving my fat ass off to the gym.

after which, i met my close polymates, tiffany and aaron who have adjusted well to their high flying jobs.

joked a lot, shared a lot, laughed a lot.

and as it turns out yesterday, it only brought attention to my plight as a student on how my "allowance" limits me.

i had to reserve my finances to my main course while I look on with a glean of jealousy as they drank their tea and feast over their gourmet.

granted tiffany was nice enough to treat the fruit fondue, it only just highlighted it's time to wake up from la la land for me.

that said.

it sucks to be jobless.

i know it's my vacation but i have to watch the slimming bulge of my wallet.

what's eating up the hole is my dental costs and driving lessons.

speaking of which, i had my first lesson yesterday and i think it was super fun despite the engine jams. Weee~~~

and back to reality, these few days will be an intensive search for any jobs out there.

decent jobs that pay well. i abstain from insurance related jobs, just a personal peeve.

other than that, i really think by December, i should be earning my dough or i will feel damn downright miserable.

to carry on with the rest of the day, a mahjong session was held at night and since my wallet was being a miser due to my studently ways, i vehemently chose the cheapest route.

the reliable bus transport. from simei, i took 2 buses and walk 4 km to an ulu ulu place to reach my destination at 1.30 am.

it's an adventure for me i reckon.

and a normal day turned out not so normal after all.

forgetting to mention after 2 round of session, i chose to take bus home again and walk home from bedok reservoir which was like another 5 km.

yes, i'm crazy but you only live life once.

ben

No comments: